Creamy Asparagus Casserole Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed creamy chicken mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen asparagus cuts and tips, thawed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups cubed day-old bread
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine soup and milk. Add beans, asparagus and mushrooms; mix well. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Toss bread cubes, almonds and butter; sprinkle over the casserole. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 104 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 289mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Creamy Asparagus Casserole
"I prepared this dish omitting the Green Beans and adding 1/2 cup of Sour Cream. Also since my family members are Garlic lovers I added 1/4 tsp Granulated to the Bread topping. This was a really big hit. E.F. Ionia, Iowa PS thanks"