Creamy Asparagus Casserole Recipe
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed creamy chicken mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen asparagus cuts and tips, thawed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups cubed day-old bread
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, combine soup and milk. Add beans, asparagus and mushrooms; mix well. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Toss bread cubes, almonds and butter; sprinkle over the casserole. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 104 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 289mg sodium, 11g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Creamy Asparagus Casserole
"I prepared this dish omitting the Green Beans and adding 1/2 cup of Sour Cream. Also since my family members are Garlic lovers I added 1/4 tsp Granulated to the Bread topping. This was a really big hit. E.F. Ionia, Iowa PS thanks"