Creamy Asparagus Casserole
Unlike most kids, my son doesn't consider asparagus "yucky". He loves it...especially in this dish. Whenever I serve this creamy combination, there's never any left.—Teresa Kachermeyer, Frederick, Maryland
6-8 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 35 min.
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed creamy chicken mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen asparagus cuts and tips, thawed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups cubed day-old bread
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine soup and milk. Add beans, asparagus and
- mushrooms; mix well. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Toss bread cubes, almonds
- and butter; sprinkle over the casserole. Bake, uncovered, 15-20
- minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 104 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 289 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.