Unlike most kids, my son doesn't consider asparagus "yucky". He loves it...especially in this dish. Whenever I serve this creamy combination, there's never any left.—Teresa Kachermeyer, Frederick, Maryland
Featured In: 15 Favorite Easter Dinner Ideas
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed creamy chicken mushroom soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen cut green beans, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) frozen asparagus cuts and tips, thawed and drained
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 2 cups cubed day-old bread
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- In a large bowl, combine soup and milk. Add beans, asparagus and mushrooms; mix well. Pour into a greased 8-in. square baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 20 minutes. Toss bread cubes, almonds and butter; sprinkle over the casserole. Bake, uncovered, 15-20 minutes longer or until bubbly. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Asparagus Casserole in Taste of Home April/May 1998, p14
Reviews for Creamy Asparagus Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 11, 2008
"I prepared this dish omitting the Green Beans and adding 1/2 cup of Sour Cream. Also since my family members are Garlic lovers I added 1/4 tsp Granulated to the bread topping. This was a really big hit. E.F. Ionia, Iowa PS thanks"