Creamy Asparagus and Carrots Recipe
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Pinch pepper
- 1 tablespoon sliced almonds, toasted
- In a saucepan, bring carrots and water to a boil; cover and cook for 4 minutes. Add asparagus; cover and cook for 3 minutes or until just tender. Drain, reserving liquid; add enough water to liquid to equal 1/3 cup. Set vegetables aside; return liquid to skillet. Combine cream cheese, flour, salt, nutmeg and pepper; add to liquid. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until cheese melts and sauce is bubbly, about 3 minutes. Stir in vegetables and heat through. Garnish with almonds. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Asparagus and Carrots in Taste of Home February/March 1996, p65
Reviews for Creamy Asparagus and Carrots
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review