Creamy Artichoke Dip Recipe
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tortilla chips
- 1. In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 1 hour or until heated through. Serve with tortilla chips. Yield: 5 cups.
1/4 cup: 152 calories, 12g fat (5g saturated fat), 27mg cholesterol, 519mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0 fiber), 7g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Artichoke Dip
"Sometimes the spinach in most artichoke dips can overwhelm the other flavors. This was perfect! I did substitute Monterey Jack for the mozzarella, and substituted Provolone for the Swiss. I also used light sour cream in place of the yogurt and used plain salt and pepper to taste in place of the seasoned salt. What a hit! Thanks for the great recipe!"
"My Fav to serve company. I even make it more low cal by doing half yogurt and half light mayo and cutting out the swiss. I use Costco's marinated artichokes which adds even more flavor."
"This recipe is great, and I love this it uses a slow cooker. I used mozzarella cheese instead of swiss, and it turned out amazing."
"This dip is great warm or cold. My friends all raved when I brought this to the table! I will be making this again and again."
"I loved it. My family loved it. It was very simple to make. I did not have the yogurt so used a little extra mayo. I think next time I would chop up the artichokes a little more and add more jalapeno. Yum"
"I made this recipe just as it is. I kept in warm in a fondue pot. I got an unanimous two thumbs-up at our family Christmas party. Everyone wanted the recipe. I used cut up raw veggies to dip with along with the chips"
"Wouldn't make it with the mayo, but I like the concept of it."
"I appreciate that this is made in the slow cooker. I didn't have mayonnaise so I doubled the cream cheese. We loved it!"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.