Creamy Artichoke Dip
This creamy dip is a favorite of Mary Spencer's and her family in Waukesha, Wisconsin. "My sister, Teresa, got this recipe from a friend and she passed it along," Mary notes. "It's loaded with cheese, artichokes and just the right amount of jalapenos for a crowd-pleasing flavor.”
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Cook: 1 hour
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained and coarsely chopped
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/2 cup shredded Swiss cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 1 tablespoon seasoned salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped seeded jalapeno pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Tortilla chips
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine the first 11 ingredients. Cover and
- cook on low for 1 hour or until heated through. Serve with tortilla
- chips. Yield: 5 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 1/4 cup (calculated without tortilla chips) equals 152 calories, 12 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 27 mg cholesterol, 519 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.