Creamy Apricot Pie Recipe
I keep this wonderful dessert recipe close at hand. It's easy to prepare, and it's so cool and satisfying on a warm summer day.—Charlotte Cramer, Othello, Washington
- 1 can (14 ounces) apricot halves
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (5-1/4 ounces) apricot nectar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Drain apricots, reserving 1/2 cup juice; set apricots aside. In a saucepan, combine egg yolk, milk and reserved apricot juice; stir in the pudding mix until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir until thickened. Chop 1/2 cup apricots; add to pudding. Pour into pastry shell. Refrigerate.
- 2. For glaze, combine cornstarch and apricot nectar in a saucepan until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cut the remaining apricots into thirds; arrange over pudding layer. Spoon glaze over top. Sprinkle with almonds. Chill until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 298 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Apricot Pie
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC