Creamy Apricot Pie
I keep this wonderful dessert recipe close at hand. It's easy to prepare, and it's so cool and satisfying on a warm summer day.Charlotte Cramer, Othello, Washington
6-8 ServingsPrep: 25 min. + chilling
- 1 can (14 ounces) apricot halves
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (5-1/4 ounces) apricot nectar
- 1/4 cup Diamond of California Sliced Almonds, toasted
- Drain apricots, reserving 1/2 cup juice; set apricots aside. In a
- saucepan, combine egg yolk, milk and reserved apricot juice; stir in
- the pudding mix until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook
- and stir until thickened. Chop 1/2 cup apricots; add to pudding.
- Pour into pastry shell. Refrigerate.
- For glaze, combine cornstarch and apricot nectar in a saucepan until
- smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Cut the remaining apricots into thirds;
- arrange over pudding layer. Spoon glaze over top. Sprinkle with
- almonds. Chill until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 slice) equals 298 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 214 mg sodium,