Creamy Apricot Pie Recipe
- 1 can (14 ounces) apricot halves
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 package (3 ounces) cook-and-serve vanilla pudding mix
- 1 pastry shell (9 inches), baked
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 can (5-1/4 ounces) apricot nectar
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, toasted
- 1. Drain apricots, reserving 1/2 cup juice; set apricots aside. In a saucepan, combine egg yolk, milk and reserved apricot juice; stir in the pudding mix until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir until thickened. Chop 1/2 cup apricots; add to pudding. Pour into pastry shell. Refrigerate.
- 2. For glaze, combine cornstarch and apricot nectar in a saucepan until smooth. Bring to a boil over medium heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Cut the remaining apricots into thirds; arrange over pudding layer. Spoon glaze over top. Sprinkle with almonds. Chill until serving. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 slice: 298 calories, 12g fat (6g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 214mg sodium, 42g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 1g fiber), 5g protein.
Reviews for Creamy Apricot Pie
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.