Creamy Apple Crumb Pie Recipe
- Pastry for single-crust pie (9 inches)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 6 cups diced peeled tart apples (about 6 medium)
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat sour cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cold butter
- Line a 9-in. deep-dish pie plate with pastry; flute edges. In a large bowl, combine the sugar, cornstarch, cinnamon and allspice. Fold in the apples. Combine sour cream and vanilla; stir into apple mixture. Spoon into pastry shell.
- For topping, combine the flour, brown sugar and cinnamon in a bowl; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 400° for 25 minutes. Reduce heat to 350°; bake 25-30 minutes longer or until filling is bubbly and topping is golden. Cool on a wire rack. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 8 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Creamy Apple Crumb Pie(4)
Sort By :
Very tasty pie. We had it after Thanksgiving dinner. Yum!
I have made this pie several times & am about to make it again for our Thanksgiving dinner. We prefer pies without a top crust so we can savour the filling & this pie is excellent for that! I usually use macintosh apples when I can get them fresh & tart, because they break down perfectly when cooked. Cortland hold their shape too well for my liking & take much longer to cook, as do granny smith
My pie actually came out nice and moist. I don't like my pies to be really googy.
I found this pie to be dry. Too many apples for amount of sour cream. I used granny smith apples. I also used 3 tsp. of butter to make the crumbs 2 tsp. not enough for amount of dry ingredents.All in all not a bad pie especially because its not too sweet.Tse
More Recipe Collections
- Apple Crumb Pie >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Pie >
- Apple Pie Recipes >
- Apple Pie Recipes with Fresh Apples >
- Apple Recipes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Diabetic Desserts >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Fruit Pie Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >