Creamy Spinach Noodle Toss Recipe
This comforting and colorful side is likely to become one of those versatile supper standbys—quick enough for busy weeknights, special enough to serve company! Josie Smith - Winamac, IN
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 6-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.
- 2. Stir the flour, seasoning blend, salt and pepper into drippings until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add spinach, cook and stir until spinach is wilted.
- 3. Drain noodles; transfer to a serving bowl. Add spinach mixture and cheese; toss to combine. Sprinkle with bacon mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 267 calories, 12 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 491 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC