Creamy Spinach Noodle Toss Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 6-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.
- Stir the flour, seasoning blend, salt and pepper into drippings until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add spinach, cook and stir until spinach is wilted.
- Drain noodles; transfer to a serving bowl. Add spinach mixture and cheese; toss to combine. Sprinkle with bacon mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Creamy Spinach Noodle Toss(4)
Sort By :
My husband and I thought it was okay and all my kids hated it so I won't be fixing this again.
Definite addition to our personal cookbook! We love fresh spinach, and always looking for new ways to incorporate in a side dish.
OMG, I made this to serve with TUSCAN CHICKEN FOR TWO. Absolutely fantastic dinner, The two dishes were perfect togeather. I will serve this often.
Excellent, very tasty and easy to make. Used Fat Free milk to try and save a few calories..