This comforting and colorful side is likely to become one of those versatile supper standbys—quick enough for busy weeknights, special enough to serve company! Josie Smith - Winamac, IN
- 1-1/2 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped onion
- 6-1/2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt-free seasoning blend
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- 1-1/4 cups 2% milk
- 1 package (9 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook bacon and onion over medium heat until bacon is crisp. Using a slotted spoon, remove to paper towels to drain.
- Stir the flour, seasoning blend, salt and pepper into drippings until blended; gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add spinach, cook and stir until spinach is wilted.
- Drain noodles; transfer to a serving bowl. Add spinach mixture and cheese; toss to combine. Sprinkle with bacon mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Spinach Noodle Toss in Simple & Delicious January/February 2010, p23
Reviews for Creamy Spinach Noodle Toss
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review