Creamy 'n' Tangy Coleslaw
Dawn Harvey in Danville, Pennsylvania uses packaged slaw mix to whip up this tangy side dish in a flash. “I love that it’s so much lighter than traditional creamy slaws and just right for two,” she says.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-3/4 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, celery and onion. In
- another bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until blended. Pour
- over coleslaw and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving.
- Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 93 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 250 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1 fat.