Dawn Harvey in Danville, Pennsylvania uses packaged slaw mix to whip up this tangy side dish in a flash. “I love that it’s so much lighter than traditional creamy slaws and just right for two,” she says.
- 1-3/4 cups coleslaw mix
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon fat-free sour cream
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- Dash salt
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- In a small bowl, combine the coleslaw mix, celery and onion. In another bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients until blended. Pour over coleslaw and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until serving. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamy 'n' Tangy Coleslaw in Cooking for 2 Spring 2007, p64
Reviews for Creamy 'n' Tangy Coleslaw
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 28, 2011
"We have never liked coleslaw, but it had been a few years since we tried it. So, I made this. It needed double the mayo. We still don't care for coleslaw."