Creamy 'n' Fruity Gelatin Salad Recipe
I CAN remember looking forward to eating this pretty salad when I was a child. It has all the ingredients a child would like. My Grandmother served it during the holidays and on other special occasions and my Mother did the same.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + chilling YIELD:10 servings
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) orange gelatin
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 pint orange or pineapple sherbet
- 1 can (11 ounces) mandarin oranges, drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1. In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Add sherbet; stir until smooth. Stir in the oranges, pineapple and marshmallows. Fold in whipped cream.
- 2. Pour into a 6-cup serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours or until set. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 158 calories, 5 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 42 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC