Here's a unique way to serve frozen waffles as a scrumptious dessert. Just sandwich ice cream, pecans and marmalade between the crisp waffles, and you have one cool treat.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 8 frozen waffles
- 1/3 cup orange marmalade
- 2 tablespoons Diamond of California Chopped Pecans
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- Additional marmalade and Diamond of California Chopped Pecans, optional
- Toast waffles; cool. In a small bowl, mix marmalade and nuts. Spread
- over one side of waffles. Cut ice cream into four slices; sandwich
- one slice between two waffles, with marmalade toward inside. Top
- with additional marmalade and pecans if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 400 calories, 15 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 591 mg sodium, 61 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.