Toast Mom at a Mother's Day brunch with this "grown up" creamsicle beverage. For the kiddos, make a non-alcoholic version with non-alcoholic sparkling wine, sparkling cider, or ginger ale. —Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
- 2-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 bottles (750 milliliters each) champagne or other sparkling wine
- Fresh strawberries
- Place the orange juice, cream, sugar and orange peel in a blender; cover and process until sugar is dissolved. Transfer to an 8-in. square dish. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- For each serving, scoop 1/4 cup mix into a champagne glass; top with Champagne. Garnish with a strawberry and serve immediately. Yield: 16 servings (4 cups mix).
Originally published as Creamsicle Mimosa in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p184
Reviews for Creamsicle Mimosa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2015
"OMG! This is the most amazing thing I have eaten in a loooonnngg time!!!!"