Toast Mom at a Mother's Day brunch with this "grown up" creamsicle beverage. For the kiddos, make a non-alcoholic version with non-alcoholic sparkling wine, sparkling cider, or ginger ale. —Deirdre Cox, Kansas City, Missouri
- 2-1/2 cups orange juice
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 4 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 2 bottles (750 milliliters each) Champagne or other sparkling wine
- Fresh strawberries
- Place the orange juice, cream, sugar and orange peel in a blender; cover and process until sugar is dissolved. Transfer to an 8-in. square dish. Freeze for 6 hours or overnight.
- For each serving, scoop 1/4 cup mix into a champagne glass; top with Champagne. Garnish with a strawberry and serve immediately. Yield: 16 servings (4 cups mix).
Originally published as Creamsicle Mimosa in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2012, p184
Reviews for Creamsicle Mimosa
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 6, 2015
"OMG! This is the most amazing thing I have eaten in a loooonnngg time!!!!"