Creamless Creamy Squash Soup Recipe
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small onions, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 2 medium carrots, chopped
- 1 medium butternut squash (3 pounds), peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium sweet potato (about 8 ounces), peeled and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 yellow summer squash, halved lengthwise and sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 teaspoons dried savory or herbes de Provence
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Grated Parmesan cheese, optional
- In a Dutch oven, heat oil over medium heat. Add onions, celery and carrots; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until onion is tender. Stir in butternut squash, sweet potato and summer squash. Cook and stir 5-7 minutes or until squash and potato are lightly browned. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer.
- Add broth, savory and pepper; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 20-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Puree soup using an immersion blender, or cool slightly and, in batches, puree in a blender and return to pan; heat through. If desired, serve with cheese. Yield: 8 servings (2 quarts).
Originally published as Creamless Creamy Squash Soup in Simple & Delicious April/May 2014
Reviews for Creamless Creamy Squash Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Mar. 16, 2014
The soup is wonderful. Rich favor. I will make this many times.