Creamed Turkey with Puff Pastry Recipe
Warm and hearty with lots of veggies in every creamy bite, this is classic comfort food. Tastes a lot like a pot pie, but it’s so much quicker! Nila Grahl - Gurnee, Illinois
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 25 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry
- 4 cans (18.8 ounces each) chunky chicken corn chowder soup
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Thaw one sheet of puff pastry.
- 2. Preheat oven to 400°. Cut pastry into six squares. Cut each square in half diagonally; transfer to two greased baking sheets. Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine soup, turkey, peas and carrots, cream cheese and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until cream cheese is melted. Serve half of the turkey mixture with puff pastry triangles. Cool the remaining turkey mixture; transfer to freezer containers. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: 12 servings.
1 cup soup mixture with 2 puff pastry triangles equals 542 calories, 28 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 76 mg cholesterol, 949 mg sodium, 48 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber, 27 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC