Warm and hearty with lots of veggies in every creamy bite, this is classic comfort food. Tastes a lot like a pot pie, but it’s so much quicker! Nila Grahl - Gurnee, Illinois
- 1 package (17.3 ounces) frozen puff pastry
- 4 cans (18.8 ounces each) chunky chicken corn chowder soup
- 4 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) frozen peas and carrots, thawed
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Thaw one sheet of puff pastry.
- Preheat oven to 400°. Cut pastry into six squares. Cut each square in half diagonally; transfer to two greased baking sheets. Bake 10-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a Dutch oven, combine soup, turkey, peas and carrots, cream cheese and pepper. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5 minutes or until cream cheese is melted. Serve half of the turkey mixture with puff pastry triangles. Cool the remaining turkey mixture; transfer to freezer containers. May be frozen for up to 3 months. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Turkey with Puff Pastry in Simple & Delicious September/October 2009, p49
Reviews for Creamed Turkey with Puff Pastry
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review