Creamed Turkey over Rice Recipe
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cubed Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Hot cooked long grain and wild rice mix
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 2. Reduce heat; stir in the turkey, milk, cheese, pimientos, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook until cheese is melted and mixture is heated through. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 372 calories, 22g fat (12g saturated fat), 107mg cholesterol, 896mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 30g protein.
Reviews for Creamed Turkey over Rice
"I inadvertently left the milk out and it was still great! I also used mashed potatoes as an option to the rice."