Creamed Turkey over Rice Recipe
THIS IS one of our favorite ways to have leftover turkey. When I buy a turkey for my family of five, I choose the largest one I can find so we are sure to have plenty of leftovers. This recipe is simple to prepare and absolutely delicious. -Kathi Parker, Hendersonville, North Carolina
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cubed Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Hot cooked long grain and wild rice mix
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- 2. Reduce heat; stir in the turkey, milk, cheese, pimientos, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook until cheese is melted and mixture is heated through. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
One serving (1 each) equals 372 calories, 22 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 107 mg cholesterol, 896 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC