- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup cubed Swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon diced pimientos, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Hot cooked long grain and wild rice mix
- In a large skillet, saute onion and celery in butter until tender. Stir in flour until blended. Gradually stir in broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Reduce heat; stir in the turkey, milk, cheese, pimientos, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Cook until cheese is melted and mixture is heated through. Serve over rice. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Creamed Turkey over Rice
Sort By :
"I inadvertently left the milk out and it was still great! I also used mashed potatoes as an option to the rice."
"I make this a often. I do leave out the pimientos and add a cup of frozen peas then serve it over biscuits. I use cooked, diced chicken breasts when I don't have any leftover turkey. My husband loves this. Make sure you buy good Swiss cheese. It will make a huge difference in the taste."