Creamed Turkey on Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the onion in butter until tender. Sprinkle with the flour, salt and pepper. Stir in the milk until blended.
- 2. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add the turkey and vegetables; cover and simmer until heated through. Serve with mashed potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup turkey mixture with 1/2 cup mashed potatoes equals 372 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 594 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Creamed Turkey on Mashed Potatoes
"A good comfort food without a ton of calories. Needs a bit of something though. I think I will try adding chicken bullion as one reader suggested."
"quick and easy to make lacking in flavor though"
"Quick and easy but needs more flavor. Will make again for sure, just will add garlic or something."
"This is great I also added a bit of chicken bouillion it gave it great taste yummy! Will make it again"
"Very quick and simple, good flavor. I will make this again for sure when a quick made meal is needed."
"Easy to make."