Creamed Turkey on Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Use leftover fresh vegetables or your favorite frozen vegetable in this quick dish.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the onion in butter until tender. Sprinkle with the flour, salt and pepper. Stir in the milk until blended.
- 2. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add the turkey and vegetables; cover and simmer until heated through. Serve with mashed potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup turkey mixture with 1/2 cup mashed potatoes equals 372 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 95 mg cholesterol, 594 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 30 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC