Use leftover fresh vegetables or your favorite frozen vegetable in this quick dish.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups hot mashed potatoes
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion in butter until tender. Sprinkle with the flour, salt and pepper. Stir in the milk until blended.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add the turkey and vegetables; cover and simmer until heated through. Serve with mashed potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Turkey on Mashed Potatoes in Weeknight Cooking Made Easy Annual 2005, p137
Reviews for Creamed Turkey on Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review