Creamed Turkey and Mashed Potatoes
This meal is true comfort food. The creamy turkey mixture blends perfectly with tasty mashed potatoes.Taste of Home Test Kitchen, Greendale, Wisconsin
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- In a large saucepan, saute the onion in butter until tender. Sprinkle
- with the flour, salt and pepper. Stir in the milk until blended.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and
- bubbly. Add the turkey and vegetables; cover and simmer until heated
- through. Serve over mashed potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup turkey mixture with 1/2 cup mashed potatoes equals equals 358 calories, 11 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 89 mg cholesterol, 628 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 29 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch,