Creamed Turkey and Mashed Potatoes Recipe
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 2 cups cubed cooked turkey breast
- 1 cup frozen mixed vegetables
- 2 cups mashed potatoes (with added milk and butter)
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute the onion in butter until tender. Sprinkle with the flour, salt and pepper. Stir in the milk until blended.
- 2. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened and bubbly. Add the turkey and vegetables; cover and simmer until heated through. Serve over mashed potatoes. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup turkey mixture with 1/2 cup mashed potatoes : 358 calories, 11g fat (6g saturated fat), 89mg cholesterol, 628mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 4g fiber), 29g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 3 lean meat, 0 fat-free milk, 1 fat.