Cooked spinach makes a perfect accompaniment to many entrees, especially salmon.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 4 packages (9 ounces each) fresh spinach, torn
- 2 medium onions, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- 1 tablespoon heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In four batches, place spinach in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-4 minutes or until wilted. Transfer to a large bowl; keep warm.
- In a large skillet, saute onions in butter until tender. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until blended. Gradually add milk and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese. Drain spinach; add sauce and toss to coat. Yield: 9 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Spinach in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2008, p14
Reviews for Creamed Spinach with Parmesan
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review