Creamed Spinach Omelet
Spinach adds a plateful of beautiful color and flavor that sparks interest and appetites alike.—Jo Ann Van Kesteren, Onancock, Virginia
1 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups loosely packed sliced fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk, divided
- Pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, saute spinach in 1/2 tablespoon butter for 1 minute,
- stirring constantly. In a small bowl, stir flour, 2-3 tablespoons
- milk and salt until smooth. Add to spinach; cook and stir until
- thickened, about 1 minute. Set aside and keep warm.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, salt, pepper and remaining milk. In
- another skillet over medium heat, cook egg mixture in remaining
- butter. As the eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow
- underneath. When eggs are set, spread spinach mixture over half of
- the omelet. Fold omelet in half and transfer to a warm platter.
- Yield: 1 serving.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 316 calories, 23 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 462 mg cholesterol, 446 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 16 g protein.