- 1-1/2 cups loosely packed sliced fresh spinach
- 1 tablespoon butter, divided
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3 to 4 tablespoons milk, divided
- Pinch salt
- 2 eggs
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a skillet, saute spinach in 1/2 tablespoon butter for 1 minute, stirring constantly. In a small bowl, stir flour, 2-3 tablespoons milk and salt until smooth. Add to spinach; cook and stir until thickened, about 1 minute. Set aside and keep warm.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs, salt, pepper and remaining milk. In another skillet over medium heat, cook egg mixture in remaining butter. As the eggs set, lift edges, letting uncooked portion flow underneath. When eggs are set, spread spinach mixture over half of the omelet. Fold omelet in half and transfer to a warm platter. Yield: 1 serving.
Originally published as Creamed Spinach Omelet in Country Woman July/August 1996, p11
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Creamed Spinach Omelet(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Egg Recipes >
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Brunch Egg Recipes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Egg Recipes >
- Eggs Recipes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Omelet Recipes >