Creamed Spinach Ham Pasta
"My kids think I improvise our weeknight meals...they're right!" notes Brenda Andrew. The San Antonio, Texas cook says this taste-tempting creation is great with a fresh green salad and a loaf of crusty bread.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 8 ounces uncooked small tube pasta
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 1 envelope carbonara pasta sauce mix
- 1-1/2 cups diced fully cooked ham
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen creamed spinach, thawed
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large
- saucepan, whisk the milk and sauce mix until blended. Bring to a
- boil over medium heat, stirring constantly.
- Drain pasta; stir into the sauce. Add ham and spinach; cook and stir
- until heated through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 443 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 44 mg cholesterol, 1,609 mg sodium, 59 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 24 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a full-bodied white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Rutherford Hill Chardonnay 2012 Napa Valley
, a full-bodied classic California Chardonnay with the perfect touch of oak. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $99.99. Order Now