Creamed Spinach Casserole Recipe
THIS RECIPE comes from an old cookbook I received as a wedding gift in 1945. As they grew up, my children loved all vegetables, but they often requested spinach served this way. Through the years, it has remained a family favorite. —Jane Everett Pinehurst, North Carolina
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:2 servings
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1. Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well. Add 4 tablespoons butter, salt, pepper, cheese, eggs and milk.
- 2. Spoon into two greased 8-oz. baking dishes. Melt the remaining butter; add crumbs. Sprinkle over spinach mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or just until set. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 528 calories, 44 g fat (27 g saturated fat), 328 mg cholesterol, 1,308 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC