Creamed Spinach Casserole Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- 1. Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well. Add 4 tablespoons butter, salt, pepper, cheese, eggs and milk.
- 2. Spoon into two greased 8-oz. baking dishes. Melt the remaining butter; add crumbs. Sprinkle over spinach mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or just until set. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 528 calories, 44 g fat (27 g saturated fat), 328 mg cholesterol, 1,308 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Creamed Spinach Casserole
"Too high in calories!"
"this is not "creamed"....i made it in a 1 qt. dish... i would try it again, but with changes: needs more salt, needs less butter, perhaps some finely diced onion...maybe seasoned italian bread crumbs or parmesan cheese for topping, instead of buttery bread crumbs."
"Simply isn't creamy enough - too solid a base and the bread crumb topping only makes is less creamy. A nice recipe, but definitely not "creamed spinach.""