THIS RECIPE comes from an old cookbook I received as a wedding gift in 1945. As they grew up, my children loved all vegetables, but they often requested spinach served this way. Through the years, it has remained a family favorite. —Jane Everett Pinehurst, North Carolina
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well. Add 4 tablespoons butter, salt, pepper, cheese, eggs and milk.
- Spoon into two greased 8-oz. baking dishes. Melt the remaining butter; add crumbs. Sprinkle over spinach mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or just until set. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Spinach Casserole in Reminisce Extra October 1995, p47
Reviews for Creamed Spinach Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review