THIS RECIPE comes from an old cookbook I received as a wedding gift in 1945. As they grew up, my children loved all vegetables, but they often requested spinach served this way. Through the years, it has remained a family favorite. —Jane Everett Pinehurst, North Carolina
Recommended: 24 Low-Carb Christmas Recipes
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well. Add 4 tablespoons butter, salt, pepper, cheese, eggs and milk.
- Spoon into two greased 8-oz. baking dishes. Melt the remaining butter; add crumbs. Sprinkle over spinach mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or just until set. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Spinach Casserole in Reminisce Extra October 1995, p47
Reviews for Creamed Spinach Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 9, 2011
"Too high in calories!"
Reviewed Jan. 3, 2011
"Simply isn't creamy enough - too solid a base and the bread crumb topping only makes is less creamy. A nice recipe, but definitely not "creamed spinach.""