Creamed Spinach Casserole Recipe
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen chopped spinach
- 5 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup soft bread crumbs
- Cook spinach according to package directions; drain well. Add 4 tablespoons butter, salt, pepper, cheese, eggs and milk.
- Spoon into two greased 8-oz. baking dishes. Melt the remaining butter; add crumbs. Sprinkle over spinach mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20-25 minutes or just until set. Yield: 2 servings.
Reviews for Creamed Spinach Casserole
Sort By :
Too high in calories!
this is not "creamed"....i made it in a 1 qt. dish... i would try it again, but with changes: needs more salt, needs less butter, perhaps some finely diced onion...maybe seasoned italian bread crumbs or parmesan cheese for topping, instead of buttery bread crumbs.
Simply isn't creamy enough - too solid a base and the bread crumb topping only makes is less creamy. A nice recipe, but definitely not "creamed spinach."