Creamed Spinach and Mushrooms
When my family was snowed in one time, we had to make do with what we had on hand, so I was able to put this recipe together. I find that it is very versatile and takes only 10 minutes to make from start to finish.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 10 min.
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3 ounces PHILADELPHIA® 1/3 Less Fat Cream Cheese Spread, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in oil and butter until tender.
- Add spinach; cover and cook for 1 minute or until wilted.
- Stir in the cream cheese, salt and pepper. Serve immediately. Yield:
- 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 266 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 551 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.