Creamed Spinach and Mushrooms Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in oil and butter until tender. Add spinach; cover and cook for 1 minute or until wilted.
- 2. Stir in the cream cheese, salt and pepper. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 cup equals 266 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 33 mg cholesterol, 551 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Creamed Spinach and Mushrooms
"This recipe was easy and we enjoyed it. When I cleaned up I noticed quite a bit of the "cream" was left on the bottom of the pan. Maybe I should have cooked the mushrooms longer so that the liquid reduced."