Creamed Spinach and Mushrooms Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in oil and butter until tender. Add spinach; cover and cook for 1 minute or until wilted.
- 2. Stir in the cream cheese, salt and pepper. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
1/2 cup: 266 calories, 24g fat (9g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 551mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein.
Reviews for Creamed Spinach and Mushrooms
"This recipe was easy and we enjoyed it. When I cleaned up I noticed quite a bit of the "cream" was left on the bottom of the pan. Maybe I should have cooked the mushrooms longer so that the liquid reduced."