Creamed Spinach and Mushrooms Recipe
When my family was snowed in one time, we had to make do with what we had on hand, so I was able to put this recipe together. I find that it is very versatile and takes only 10 minutes to make from start to finish.
- 1-1/2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon butter
- 1 package (6 ounces) fresh baby spinach
- 3 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese, cubed
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a small skillet, saute mushrooms in oil and butter until tender. Add spinach; cover and cook for 1 minute or until wilted.
- Stir in the cream cheese, salt and pepper. Serve immediately. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Spinach and Mushrooms in Reminisce April/May 2009, p 49
Reviews for Creamed Spinach and Mushrooms(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed May. 23, 2012
This recipe was easy and we enjoyed it. When I cleaned up I noticed quite a bit of the "cream" was left on the bottom of the pan. Maybe I should have cooked the mushrooms longer so that the liquid reduced.
More Recipe Collections
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Carb Side Dishes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Mushroom Side Dishes >
- Quick Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >