- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 package (14.4 ounces) frozen pearl onions, thawed and drained
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 10 ounces fresh baby spinach (about 13 cups)
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add pearl onions; cook and stir 6-8 minutes or until tender. Stir in cream. Bring to a boil; cook 6-8 minutes or until liquid is reduced by half.
- Stir in cheese, salt and pepper. Add spinach; cook, covered, 3-5 minutes or until spinach is wilted, stirring occasionally. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Creamed Spinach & Pearl Onions
"This recipe is so good. The only change I made was to use chopped onions instead of pearl. I will make this again and again. It is very juicy, so could probably be used over pasta or rice or noodles."
"I tried this recipe and made my adjustments by using a 2-cup portion of frozen spinach, 1 large chopped onion, 3/4 to 1 cup 2% milk , 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese, 3/4 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. pepper, 1/4 cup margarine OR 1/8 cup each butter and margarine. I heated the butter in a medium skillet; added chopped onion. I cooked 8 minutes until tender. I stirred in milk. I cooked the spinach in my microwave oven for at least 3 minutes with2 Tbsp. water, then stirred into onion mixture. This is a really tasty side dish! Thank you for sharing with Taste of Home! delowenstein"