- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, skin and bones removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices bread, toasted
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; add onions. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in salmon, salt if desired and pepper. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Serve over toast. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Creamed Salmon On Toast
Sort By :
I used peas instead of onions and less milk. Mom used to make this when I was young. And her mom and so on...