"When our children were small and we were busy outside, we'd come in to enjoy this quick meal," writes Elsie Bloom, Courtenay, British Columbia. "We still make it when we don't feel like fussing in the kitchen."
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons chopped green onions
- 2 cups milk
- 1 can (14-3/4 ounces) salmon, drained, skin and bones removed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 6 slices bread, toasted
- In a saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Stir in flour until smooth; add onions. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat. Stir in salmon, salt if desired and pepper. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until heated through. Serve over toast. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Salmon On Toast in Quick Cooking May/June 2004, p21
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Creamed Salmon On Toast
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review