Creamed Potatoes Recipe
These melt-in-your-mouth potatoes, in a mild creamy sauce, complement any meat entree, and they're a pleasant change from mashed or baked. -Susan Ormond, Jamestown, North Carolina
- 6 medium potatoes (2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Drain potatoes and place in a large serving bowl. Add cream sauce; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 243 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 495 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC