Creamed Potatoes Recipe
- 6 medium potatoes (2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Drain potatoes and place in a large serving bowl. Add cream sauce; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
3/4 cup: 243 calories, 9g fat (5g saturated fat), 26mg cholesterol, 495mg sodium, 37g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein .
Reviews for Creamed Potatoes
"Very good. My entire family loves this"
"My family's new favorite way to eat potatoes"
"This was pretty good... A bit bland though. Needs more seasoning."
"Very good, family loved them!"
"This is like my recipe for creamed potatoes but for a variation I add onion powder or flakes to the sauce and when the potatoes are added I cut bite size pieces of ham or hotdogs. HAve made it like this for years and is a quick meal when you add some canned or fresh corn to it. We call it Creamed Potato and Hotdogs. delicious and inexpensive meal."