Creamed Potatoes Recipe
- 6 medium potatoes (2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- 2. Drain potatoes and place in a large serving bowl. Add cream sauce; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 243 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 495 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.
Reviews for Creamed Potatoes
"Very good. My entire family loves this"
"My family's new favorite way to eat potatoes"
"Yum! Enjoyed this recipe with baked chicken breasts and steamed broccoli. The chicken also tasted good with some of the cream sauce on it from the potatoes. I added some grated cheese to the sauce. Will make this again."
"This was pretty good... A bit bland though. Needs more seasoning."
"Very good, family loved them!"
"This is like my recipe for creamed potatoes but for a variation I add onion powder or flakes to the sauce and when the potatoes are added I cut bite size pieces of ham or hotdogs. HAve made it like this for years and is a quick meal when you add some canned or fresh corn to it. We call it Creamed Potato and Hotdogs. delicious and inexpensive meal."