These melt-in-your-mouth potatoes, in a mild creamy sauce, complement any meat entree, and they're a pleasant change from mashed or baked.
-Susan Ormond, Jamestown, North Carolina
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 medium potatoes (2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a
- boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in another saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt
- and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook
- and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large serving bowl. Add cream sauce;
- toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley.
- Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 243 calories, 9 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 26 mg cholesterol, 495 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 6 g protein.