- 6 medium potatoes (2 pounds), peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- Paprika and minced fresh parsley
- Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, melt butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until smooth. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened.
- Drain potatoes and place in a large serving bowl. Add cream sauce; toss gently to coat. Sprinkle with paprika and parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamed Potatoes
Sort By :
My family's new favorite way to eat potatoes
Yum! Enjoyed this recipe with baked chicken breasts and steamed broccoli. The chicken also tasted good with some of the cream sauce on it from the potatoes. I added some grated cheese to the sauce. Will make this again.
This was pretty good... A bit bland though. Needs more seasoning.