"I can still taste these wonderful peas in Mama's delicious white sauce. Our food was pretty plain during the week, so I thought this white sauce made the peas 'extra fancy' and fitting for a Sunday meal."
3-4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Cook peas according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a small
- saucepan, melt the butter. Stir in the flour, salt and pepper until
- blended; gradually add milk and sugar. Bring to a boil; cook and
- stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Drain peas; stir into the
- sauce and heat through. Yield: 3-4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 110 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 271 mg sodium, 14 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein.