Creamed Peas and Potatoes Recipe
- 4 medium red potatoes, cubed
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen peas
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1-1/2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until tender. Drain. Cook peas according to package directions, adding sugar.
- 2. Meanwhile, melt the butter in a saucepan; add the flour, salt and pepper to form a paste. Gradually stir in milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add dill.
- 3. Drain potatoes and peas; transfer to a serving bowl. Pour sauce over and stir to coat. Yield: 6-8 servings.
3/4 cup: 131 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 14mg cholesterol, 242mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein .
Reviews for Creamed Peas and Potatoes
"Very good American heritage-type recipe. Creamed veggies like these are great comfort food which at the same time can be served for special dinners."