- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place carrots in a large saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add peas; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5-10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Return vegetables and reserved liquid to the pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper and cream until smooth. Stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Creamed Peas and Carrots
Sort By :
I used fresh cream peas and diced ham and it turned out very good.
This was good. I did add some fresh garlic and a bit of butter the second time I made it. I also used more pepper to suit our tastes. The creamy sauce is good but for my husband and I it was great when amp'd up with the garlic, butter and extra pepper.
Great !! Everyone loved it.
add a little ground nutmeg to it, it is very good.and use the liquid from the Peas and Carrots,then add a little heavy whipping cream
Super easy, especially with little ones running around. And, they ate it too because there wasn't a lot of different tastes to it. Good for left over carrots and peas too.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >