Creamed Peas and Carrots Recipe
- 4 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 cups frozen peas
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- Place carrots in a large saucepan; add 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Add peas; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 5-10 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Drain, reserving 1/2 cup cooking liquid. Return vegetables and reserved liquid to the pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, salt, pepper and cream until smooth. Stir into vegetables. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Creamed Peas and Carrots(6)
Sort By :
add a little ground nutmeg to it, it is very good.and use the liquid from the Peas and Carrots,then add a little heavy whipping cream
Super easy, especially with little ones running around. And, they ate it too because there wasn't a lot of different tastes to it. Good for left over carrots and peas too.
My family did not like this it was easy but taste was not that big. Not some thing my family even wanted to eat.
This is good, but I added 1 T. of butter and used half and half, then stirred in one clove of minced garlic and 1 T. of grated parmesan at the end. Delicious!
My family is not a huge fan of peas or carrots but I tried this recipe anyway as part of a Thanksgiving meal. This was delicious. Your children won't even realize they are eating vegetables.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Carrot Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Easter Side Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Low Fat Side Dishes >
- Pea Recipes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >