Creamed New Potatoes Recipe
My mother always made this dish with sour cream, but I substituted buttermilk and added more herbs. Thyme and tarragon give these saucy potatoes a fresh taste I really enjoy. -Lillian Julow, Lawrenceville, GA
- 2-1/2 pounds unpeeled small red potatoes, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, cubed
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 3 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1. Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water; add salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in another saucepan, combine the cream cheese and buttermilk; cook and stir over medium heat until cheese is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat; add the onions, thyme, tarragon and pepper.
- 3. Drain potatoes and place in a serving bowl; add cream sauce and toss to coat. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 6 servings.
1 each: 292 calories, 14g fat (9g saturated fat), 43mg cholesterol, 563mg sodium, 35g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 4g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Creamed New Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC