If you’re looking for a way to break from the usual Christmas sides, look no further. Fresh mushrooms are sauteed to tender perfection, then accompanied by a rich, creamy sauce. It’s one dish that’s full of comforting flavor.Lois Telloni, Lorain, Ohio
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the
- mushrooms, parsley, paprika and salt. Cook over medium heat for 10
- minutes or until tender. Combine the sour cream, milk and flour.
- Gradually stir into mushroom mixture; heat through. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 168 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.