Creamed Mushrooms Recipe
If you’re looking for a way to break from the usual Christmas sides, look no further. Fresh mushrooms are sauteed to tender perfection, then accompanied by a rich, creamy sauce. It’s one dish that’s full of comforting flavor.—Lois Telloni, Lorain, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the mushrooms, parsley, paprika and salt. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until tender. Combine the sour cream, milk and flour. Gradually stir into mushroom mixture; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
1/2 cup equals 168 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 42 mg cholesterol, 257 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC