Creamed Mushrooms Recipe
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. Stir in the mushrooms, parsley, paprika and salt. Cook over medium heat for 10 minutes or until tender. Combine the sour cream, milk and flour. Gradually stir into mushroom mixture; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Mushrooms in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2009, p14
Reviews for Creamed Mushrooms
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Apr. 24, 2012
I added 1 tbsp. thyme & 1/2 tbsp. garlic powder & we loved it!