Creamed Ham on Corn Bread Recipe
- 1 package (8-1/2 ounces) corn bread/muffin mix
- 1 egg
- 1/3 cup 2% milk
- CREAMED HAM:
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups 2% milk
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- In a large bowl, combine the corn bread mix, egg and milk until blended. Spread into a greased 8-in. square baking pan. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt butter; stir in the flour, mustard and salt until smooth. Add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in cheese until melted. Add ham and heat through. Cut corn bread into squares; top with creamed ham. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Creamed Ham on Corn Bread
Sort By :
"All I can say is... YUCK."
"The gravy tasted fine, I even added cooked broccoli, but mixing with cornbread is where I believe there were too many conflicting tastes. I would try it with rice or pasta instead."
"While the creamed ham was delicious, I just didn't like it on the cornbread. Maybe biscuits would be better, but then it would be really high calorie."
"My guys definitely want this again! I didn't have a cornbread mix around, so I just made a normal pan from scratch."
"I've made this store-bought cubed ham and it was good but the best way is to use left-over glazed ham. It takes a little more work that way, cutting up the ham, but it's well worth it and now every time we have ham my family all says "Save some ham for Creamed Ham on Corn Bread!""