Creamed Ham in Toast Cups Recipe
- 8 slices bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- Remove and discard crusts from bread; using a rolling pin, flatten to 1/8-in. thickness. Butter both sides of each slice, using 1/4 cup of butter.
- Press into eight greased muffin cups or 6-oz. custard cups. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt the remaining butter. Stir in flour and pepper. Gradually stir in milk and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat.
- Stir in the ham, peas and corn. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until heated through. Pour into warm toast cups; sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Ham in Toast Cups in Country Woman July/August 2003, p31
Reviews for Creamed Ham in Toast Cups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review