Creamed Ham in Toast Cups Recipe
- 8 slices bread
- 1/2 cup butter, softened, divided
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 cups chopped fully cooked ham
- 1 cup frozen green peas, thawed
- 1 cup whole kernel corn
- 1. Remove and discard crusts from bread; using a rolling pin, flatten to 1/8-in. thickness. Butter both sides of each slice, using 1/4 cup of butter.
- 2. Press into eight greased muffin cups or 6-oz. custard cups. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- 3. Meanwhile, in a saucepan, melt the remaining butter. Stir in flour and pepper. Gradually stir in milk and cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Reduce heat.
- 4. Stir in the ham, peas and corn. Cook and stir for 5 minutes or until heated through. Pour into warm toast cups; sprinkle with paprika. Yield: 4 servings.
2 each: 793 calories, 55g fat (31g saturated fat), 189mg cholesterol, 1495mg sodium, 52g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 4g fiber), 24g protein
Reviews for Creamed Ham in Toast Cups
"My husband and I just had this with the leftover ham from Christmas. It was delicious! I didn't have enough cream so I added more milk and it turned out fine."
"Very very good I took them to a pot luck Everyone wanted the recipe."
"This sounds wonderful. Reminds me of something my grandmother used to make. I will definitely try this."