Creamed Ham and Eggs
When I got married, my husband asked me to get this favorite recipe from his mother. I like to serve it with homemade bran muffins and applesauce.
2-3 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, diced
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 3 slices toast, cut into triangles
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Add flour, mustard and pepper; cook until
- bubbly. Gradually add milk and Worcestershire sauce; cook and stir
- until thickened. Stir in eggs and ham, heat through. Serve hot over
- toast. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 535 calories, 31 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 314 mg cholesterol, 1,590 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 32 g protein.