When I got married, my husband asked me to get this favorite recipe from his mother. I like to serve it with homemade bran muffins and applesauce.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 hard-cooked eggs, diced
- 2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- 3 slices toast, cut into triangles
- In a saucepan, melt butter. Add flour, mustard and pepper; cook until bubbly. Gradually add milk and Worcestershire sauce; cook and stir until thickened. Stir in eggs and ham, heat through. Serve hot over toast. Yield: 2-3 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Ham and Eggs in Cookin' Up Country Breakfasts Cookbook 1994, p30
Reviews for Creamed Ham and Eggs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review