"A FAMILY FAVORITE for years, this recipe is one I make often because it can easily be doubled and prepared ahead. It's a must on the menu when my nephews come for dinner!"
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup cornflakes, crumbled
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 4 to 6 cups French-style green beans, cooked and drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar or Swiss cheese
- In a small saucepan, melt 1 tablespoon butter; stir in cornflakes and set aside. Melt remaining butter in a large saucepan. Stir in flour, salt, pepper, onion and sugar; heat and stir until bubbly. Reduce heat; add the sour cream and stir until smooth. Cook and stir over low heat for 2 minutes (do not boil). Fold in the beans.
- Spoon into a greased 1-1/2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese and cornflake mixture. Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Green Beans in Reminisce Extra February 1994, p47
Reviews for Creamed Green Beans
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review