Creamed Fresh Spinach Recipe
- 4 packages (9 ounces each) fresh baby spinach
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped onion
- Salt and white pepper to taste
- 1. Place spinach in a Dutch oven over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; reduce heat. Cover and steam just until wilted, about 4 minutes. Drain; chop and set aside.
- 2. Melt butter in a large saucepan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour until smooth. Gradually add cream and milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Stir in the onion, salt and pepper. Fold in spinach; heat through. Yield: 8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 191 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 60 mg cholesterol, 101 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Creamed Fresh Spinach
"This was great I had friends over for a "steakhouse " dinner with wedge salad , steak,baked potato,and this creamed spinach. Wonderful,cream spinach in the classic style. If you love creamed spinach, you'll love this version!"