Creamed Eggs on English Muffins
I came across this magazine when I first got married more than 20 years ago. It's still my husband's favorite for breakfast or brunch.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 Eggland's Best Hard-Cooked Peeled Eggs, coarsely chopped
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until almost tender. Add
- mushrooms; saute until mushrooms and onion are tender. Stir in milk
- and cream cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted and blended.
- Stir in Parmesan cheese, parsley, mustard, salt and pepper. Add
- eggs; heat through. Serve over English muffins. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 553 calories, 36 g fat (20 g saturated fat), 402 mg cholesterol, 794 mg sodium,