- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/4 cup coarsely chopped fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 hard-cooked eggs, coarsely chopped
- 4 English muffins, split and toasted
- In a saucepan, saute onion in butter until almost tender. Add mushrooms; saute until mushrooms and onion are tender. Stir in milk and cream cheese; cook and stir until cheese is melted and blended. Stir in Parmesan cheese, parsley, mustard, salt and pepper. Add eggs; heat through. Serve over English muffins. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Creamed Eggs on English Muffins in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2004, p150
Reviews for Creamed Eggs on English Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 22, 2011
"I have this same recipe from my Great Aunt Mary Jane the only difference is I don't add the parm cheese but I'm sure it's delicious give it a try it is yummy!!"