Creamed Dill Potatoes
Tender, tiny, tasty red potatoes slathered in a creamy dill sauce make a versatile side for all kinds of meat entrees. This never-fail recipe always brings raves to Geraldine Hagemann in Rembey, Alberta.
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 6 small red potatoes
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced green onion
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 to 3 teaspoons minced fresh dill
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- Dash pepper
- With a vegetable peeler, remove a strip of peel around the middle of
- each potato. Place potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or
- until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, saute onion in butter until tender.
- Add the cream, dill, salt and pepper. Reduce heat; simmer for 4-5
- minutes or until sauce is thickened. Drain potatoes; drizzle with
- sauce and toss gently. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3 potatoes equals 237 calories, 15 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 51 mg cholesterol, 206 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.